Monday, June 13, 2011

Am I Being Adjusted?

I know I previously mentioned the film "The Adjustment Bureau" in passing on this blog, and I promised to write more about it here. Well...sadly, that promise will not be fulfilled tonight (maybe it will be after the film comes out on DVD), but there have been a couple of events in my life recently that make me believe that my life is being...adjusted somehow. Yeah, it sounds weird. However, I've said that before...maybe I just need to redefine what I consider "weird." But I digress.

Both of these "adjustments" seem to have to do with my interest in India's culture and spirituality. The first adjustment happened a week or so ago, when a local teacher of Indian dance and music, whom I met at the Memorial Art Gallery a year or so ago, contacted me to see if I can publicize and/or cover her upcoming cultural event. As it so happened, I was in talks with a local newspaper company to become a freelancer for them. So naturally, I pitched the idea for a feature on this upcoming cultural event to this company, and they gladly accepted it.

The more I thought about this coincidence, the more I kept coming to the conclusion that maybe it wasn't.

The second adjustment: since I previously mentioned on this blog about my chanting of Ganesha mantras during meditation, and how deep such chanting took me recently...I got inspired over the weekend to order a statue of Ganesha online to possibly help me with such meditation. When I ordered it, the arrival of the shipment was originally scheduled to be June 21 at the earliest. However, I checked it today, and now it's scheduled to arrive at my apartment this Wednesday, June 15.

I understand a lot of mail-order and online shopping companies like to say things will arrive later than they usually do to cover their butts and make sure people don't get over-excited. But considering everything else that has happened recently...I'm starting to think this particular occurrence isn't a coincidence either.

Perhaps both of these instances are coincidences, and I'm reading too much into them, but...I'm not sure if they can be called that anymore. Am I being steered by the Powers-That-Be into delving deeper into India's culture and spirituality? Is this a message that I'm on the right path and that I should speed up from a leisurely walk to a slow jog or beyond? Just what is going on?

This is definitely something I'll be keeping my eye out for...if the Gods of India indeed do exist, they have my attention. Sometimes I wonder if I'm doing the right thing, but then I realize when it comes to things like this...there is no concrete right or wrong thing. It's what's right for me. This feels right. And I like it.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, sawry it took me awhile to comment, but you know my positions on coincidences. There aren't any. So, rejoice :D

    ReplyDelete