Thursday, October 20, 2011

Spiritual ADD

(ADD from the post title in this case means Attention Deficit Disorder. No offense intended towards those who suffer from ADD, but there's a reason I'm referencing it.)

It appears my life has settled into a comfortable groove...nothing too out of the ordinary has happened recently. I know that is good because nothing bad has happened, and I want to keep that negativity out of my life. But is it too much to ask for a significant positive event?

I know there will be one eventually, but still, my mind is craving new input. New sensory experiences. New positive feelings. At the moment it just feels like my life is at a standstill. Like I'm stuck in second gear or something like that. There doesn't seem to be forward momentum going for me. I just know there's got to be more to life than this.

Maybe I'm just being greedy, craving more of a bang out of my life...I know I'm one person who freaks out when it comes to change, but can't I have a good change come my way soon? Something to shake up my everyday routine in a positive way?

It's like right now, I'm...spiritually bored.

Maybe there is something I can do to help myself, but I don't know what that is...perhaps that is why I feel stuck, not knowing what to do to lift myself out of this rut.

But what can I do? I don't know where to begin...

1 comment:

  1. Everyone enters a plateau phase after travelling at break neck speed..its the body's mechanism to cope with repetitive input.

    The human mind loves variety..after a while we will enter comfort zone and find our firm footing.

    Boredom is a sign for change..change does not always mean something new..its could be even reactivating what we were comfortable with before.

    If we notice as a person ages sometimes he becomes more child like..so you see sometimes you might find the Benjamin Button Syndrome where one goes in reverse gear..not to devolve but to regain our lost childlike innocence.

    ReplyDelete