Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Destiny and Grace

Destiny, dharma, whatever you want to call it...it's been on my mind as of late. While I won't go into specific details at this time, let's just say the reason this blog hasn't been updated in a while is because interesting things have happened. Good things, but still things that have taken time away from this blog...which might be a good thing.

Suffice it to say, it seems I'm being drawn towards Hinduism more strongly than ever. I've been doing Sun Salutation yoga in my home more often, for starters (though I haven't done it for a few days thanks to the recent oppressive heat in Rochester). Other things have happened outside of my control, though, that make me wonder if the Gods of Hinduism are watching me...I've been given more opportunities to write about Hinduism and its local community here, and I've been getting more and more involved thanks to opportunities that just seem to have conveniently sprung up.

I'm not one to question grace, but...part of me wonders why this is happening. It's not like I've studied enough about Hinduism to become an expert, and I still need to develop more discipline in my life. This is the part of me that wonders if I deserve this grace. And of course things can still go wrong at any point. Still...I wonder if Hinduism is truly becoming my destiny.

It's certainly a good thing for me if it is. If the Gods of India accept me...I could die happy. Although I still want my death to be a long way off, thank you very much. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment