Saturday, July 13, 2013

Lord Krishna on the Brain

*wipes away the dust from the blog* Yeah, I know it's been a while since I've posted with any sort of regularity here. Truth be told, I've been a little discouraged about this blog...it just doesn't seem to be having the reach I want it to have. However, I'm definitely not giving up! I've written over a hundred posts to this blog so far, why stop now?

With that in mind, as you probably have guessed this blog post is about Lord Krishna. Thing is, though, this isn't an informational post on Him...rather, I'm requesting information. He's somehow been on my mind lately, even going so far as entering one of my dreams! Still, though, I know next to nothing about Him. I know the basics: He's an incarnation of Lord Vishnu, He is a central character of the Hindu epic the Mahabharata...and that's about it. I've seen His depiction in art, and I do have to say one thing that moves me about Him is the fact that he's depicted as having blue skin. That says a lot to me - it says to me, personally, that skin color shouldn't matter when it comes to divinity. That says volumes to me.

So, I am hoping for some good sources on Lord Krishna, so I can figure out why I've been so fascinated by Him lately. The internet is there for a reason, I know, but there's a lot of misinformation and inaccuracy out there...therefore if I can be pointed in the right direction, that'd be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment